8.25.2007

3/4 Roof

I wanted to post yesterday but had to take Anne to the airport in Portland as she is flying down to Maryland today. She won't be back until Wednesday, hopefully with a truckload of IKEA cabinets.

Friday we got the rest of the north wall sheathing up and Tobin and Lucas got the V-bracing set. Lucas also complained that my Sketchup renderings did not properly show the Ipe siding and that I had lamely used the Sketchup dark wood flooring. I will be sending my Sketchup model to Lucas so he can touch it up for me.

The sloped insulation also went down but the hanger for the Parallam did not arrive so the remaining portion of the roof could not be sheathed. We got as far as we could for John on Saturday. But the WallShield did arrive. Since we are using an open joint rainscreen, we need a UV stable and waterproof housewrap. I elected to go with Vaproshield's black WallShield which is waterproof yet breathable, basically like Gore-Tex. This will go on next week.


Tobin, admiring his handiwork.

Lucas finagling the second rod in place.



Connection of the right brace at the foundation wall.
Ready for the left V-brace.


This is a diagram of the WallShield.





As per Jeremy's request, the floor plan (I even placed the couch for you).

No comments: